6 Ways Acupuncture Boosts Athleticism
Acupuncture for athletes and active people is most beneficial while you are training to prevent injury and to enhance performance.
- Naturally boosts energy levels.
- Speeds post-work out recovery time.
- Strengthens the immune system. A balanced program of rest and exercise improves immune function. However, too much strenuous exercise can suppress the immune system and dramatically increase the risk of upper respiratory infections
- Ease stress and anxiety. Becoming more focused and relaxed will improve your athletic performance. Being more mindful helps you to be more in tune with your body and surroundings.
- Improve sleep. Quality sleep allows the body to regenerate, repair memory and consolidate memory from the day’s training session. This increases split-second decision making and accuracy and contributes to your energy and post-work out recovery.
- Balance muscles. Balancing muscles increases range of motion and importantly helps prevent injury. Acupuncture uses motor points that influence nerves of specific muscles. This can help release tight muscles, re-activate inhibited muscles and strengthen weak muscles.